Monday, October 20, 2008

October 16th Update and October 11th

Finally, more is happening. What it is, I am not sure because there is nothing they tell us to describe it. Maybe it will be flower beds OR benches OR a place to recycle??????? I don't know. I just know the area was once named Turtle Place by the local Chinook Indians and it was a meeting place as well as a place to trade things and fish in the nearby Columbia River. I can hardly wait to see what is going to be there.






October 11th Update
Well . . . now some of the markings are colored. . .





8 comments:

Lilli & Nevada said...

Well that is a lot of concrete that they are taking out. I bet they are going to put flowers and benches in there. That is one beautiful mural

Anonymous said...

It looks like they are going to be very busy for a while.

Jim Wayne said...

This is very interesting! I love the mural and wonder if whatever they are going to build or do there will hide it. That would be a shame.

Glennis said...

A bit of a mess at present but it may turn out great, pity to mess with the history that is already there. At Turtle Place refuse dept, a bit of a come down from Indians trading fish I think. I like the Indian story.

Viola said...

So exciting! :) And great paintings walls at your posts below. I hope they'll take back (rename?) the name Turtle Place :)

Lara said...

we have here lots of construction sites... but they last since forever :))

Annie Jeffries said...

I vote for benches and flower beds and - a turtle statue.

EJ said...

My Dad would love to do that, he loves tearing up stuff like that hehehe.